Friday, October 14, 2005

Themes

Lately my dreams have had themes. Not song themes (that would rock), but all the dreams that I've had in a night have had a common theme running through them. Last night it was camp. I was (at various times in my dream) at Calvin Crest (well, it didn't look like Calvin Crest, but that's what it was in my dream), a sports camp (Patrick was there for some reason), and a couple others that I don't remember.

A couple nights ago the theme was school. I was both at BHS and Whitworth. And before that it was the night of epic adventures. Quite a few of them were movie adventures (Star Wars and LotR), so it was pretty fun.

In other news, our Harry Potter discussion group finished The Philosopher's Stone (I'm going to rebel and start calling it that), so now we get to start on Chamber of Secrets. I've usually kind of ignored this book, because I don't like it as much, so I'm looking forward to giving it some time and thought. Maybe I'll begin to like it more. I think the movie especially ruined it for me, because the movie really isn't good at all.

I got to paint today (sadly, it wasn't with my fingers), which was fun. I made a blue pumpkin, based off of Pascal's - er, make that Picasso's - blue time, or whatever it was called. I like it, and I think that it really speaks to the blueness in me and others. Haha, just kidding. I did hang it up on the fridge, just because I can. So far my family hasn't said anything, but I think they expect things like that - like when I came home from camp (as a counselor) with a finger painting. My dad put it nicely: "You're like a big kindergartener."

No comments: