Friday, November 03, 2006

The end is nigh

So last night was the end of volleyball. Or rather, of the regular season. Playoffs are next week, but there's only one game per night, so it's much better. This is the second year that I've reffed high school volleyball for those of you who weren't aware (Robert), and it's really not all that fun. Luckily it's relatively easy, and not a lot of work (you just stand still the whole game), so I can manage a couple months of it.

However, not having to do a lot during a game, my mind is usually free to wander and explore the inequities of volleyball (especially as compared to soccer). I once told Chris that the differences between soccer and volleyball are much like the differences between Plato and Aristotle, to which he laughed. I'll explain my reasons at a later post.

Lately I've been dreaming a lot about soccer, particularly about high school soccer. Last night's dream wasn't very fun since I kept slipping on the field, and it was also really small. In all the dreams I've been missing something I needed to play (last night my shoes weren't on), and had to go find them. All in all, it's been strange, especially since I was never as apprehensive about playing in high school as I am about playing in my dream.

No comments: