Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Working (or not) for the weekend

So I've been thinking about changing the look of my blog, but honestly, there aren't any of the other default skins that I like, and I'm much to lazy to both figure out what I want on my own and then implement it, so my blog will stay the way it is for the foreseeable future. Maybe when I finally get around to getting Manny fixed I'll celebrate by updating it, but probably not.

This past weekend was a heap o' fun. Friday night Rachel and I went out to play darts and visit some bars with my friends Brandon and Matt, and had a great time. Then, Saturday evening, we went (with the same people plus Brandon's sister) to play some mini-golf and then spend the evening at my house eating dinner and playing Settlers. All around fun was had by all, I think.

Somehow I hurt my leg in the last soccer tournament, and it's still hurting me three weeks later, which is very strange. What's also strange is that I have absolutely no idea how it happened. Usually this only happens with minor hurts like bruises and cuts, not with injuries that have me hurting almost a month later, so it's very strange. What's also bad is that it has had me sitting out of practicing with BHS when my team plays on Monday, and also passing on some reffing assignments. I'm almost tempted to go see a doctor, but unfortunately, I don't have insurance, and don't know any in Bakersfield who I can just stop in on. Maybe I'll try to get a hold of one of my teammates who works in a physical therapists' office. She's usually the person anybody on my team turns to when they are hurt.

No comments: