Thursday, June 21, 2007

Strike!

Time to catch up on a few things I've been meaning to talk about lately.

First of all, Rachel finally took the previous personality quiz, and I have her results.

Rachel: Jessie; Screech

I find it interesting that both of us scored a 5 for Jessie, but we only answer 2 questions the same.

It would seem like the summertime is the time that all good workers go on strike. As I drive by The Marketplace there are no less than three groups of people with a sign saying, "Shame on so-and-so" for a labor dispute. Then there's another one on Stockdale at BCHS saying, "Shame on Bakersfield Christian High School," for their labor dispute. I've always found strikes interesting. They make Keynesian economics necessary. Well, it's more labor unions that make it necessary, but strikes go along with unions.

Summertime is also the time for watching movies about strikes. I watched Modern Times today (since it's on both Top Films lists), and when I was at Buena Vista the music teachers was showing Newsies during the last music session of the year. As I walked in waiting for the time to end, he smugly looked at me and asked, "Do you know who that is?" Obviously I knew who it was, and said so, but I think he must have thought I said no, since he said, "It's Cristian Bale. He was in Batman."

I thought like responding with some other movies he's also been in to prove my movie knowledge, but decided that I didn't need to win that battle. I'm secure in my movie knowledge.

No comments: