Monday, September 24, 2007

Headlights in my rearview

I love driving at night, which is a good thing because I've made so many long trips during the dark. The only thing I hate about driving at night is that recently some car makers have decided that it's fun to turn regular headlights into brights. And the car makers that haven't decided to do that have decided to sell their cars to idiots that like driving with their brights on. If you are going to drive with your brights on, you must be enough on your game that you turn them off before you are about to pass me the other way (or just tailgate me and don't ever turn the brights off, that's cool). If you can see my headlights, I can see yours, so turn them down!

Really, you can only be as safe on the roads as the other drivers are, and it's very difficult for me to be safe when I'm blinded every few minutes by idiots with their brights on. It's really just safer all around for us all to have lower watt bulbs, because then your eyes adjust.

Okay, done whining. Until the next time, at least.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

it is a pet peeve of mine as well.... fortunately I don't have to worry about that anymore!