Monday, December 10, 2007

In the Grind

It's been a busy week, although I don't really know why. On Thursday and Friday I was the sub in a class that I've done a couple times already this year, so it was good. We went to the Nutcracker on Thursday, which is always fun. It wasn't the whole show, because third graders would have a difficult time sitting through all of it, but only about 5 of the more entertaining dances.

Since Brandon is in town, we've done a lot of hanging out, which usually involves food and our computers. Their house is still in the dark ages with dial-up, so he likes coming over to the broadband of my house, although he almost doesn't know what to do with all that speed.

Soccer tournament season is officially upon me, with the Taft Tournament last week, and the massive Garces Tournament this week. There's something like 150 teams and 350 games over two days. This year I'm at Cal State instead of the soccer park, which is a nice change. It makes for a little shorter day, which is always wanted.

I guess it's just typical December business, but after the chill of London (when there were only things I wanted to do, not things I had to do) it's a drastic change.

No comments: