Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My own wild animal park adventures

Since I don't think I've stated enough, there is an amazing river and park that goes right by the house. It's about 3 minutes walk to get to the trails from the house (I have to walk it because it's pavement), and then miles and miles of trails along or circa the river. Apparently during the summer many of the trails I'm using right now will be under water (when they release water from the two dams that feed the river), and there are parts that are very rocky, but it still rocks.

Because the area is so wide and long, there are a ton of wild animals that I see daily. So far, I think I've seen 4 jack rabbits (3 of them today), 5 coyotes, a handful of young wild turkeys, and too many geese, herons, and ducks to count. Plus there's chipmunks all over the place. I keep forgetting to take my camera to school to take pictures of the walk along the way, but if I forget tomorrow, I think I'll just take a bike out and snap some pictures during an easy ride.

No comments: