Saturday, June 14, 2008

Special brownies

Jessica, Chris, and I went to go see Reefer Madness today, which was playing at The Empty Space, a theater here in Bakersfield. Since we had all recently watched the movie version of this to show Carly that it wasn't horrible, it was very fresh in our minds. I think all of us were impressed with the way the show turned out, even though there were some things we wish had been done differently. The entire cast had very good singing voices, and gave good performances, especially a couple (Mae and Ralph). If you're in Bakersfield, I'd suggest seeing it, although I think it's only showing for another weekend.

After the show finished we went back to the apartment and somehow ended up looking at all the high school year books. It's amazing to see what people thought was important enough to write into a yearbook back then. Chris was amazed at all the Star Wars references sophomore year, until I reminded him that was the year The Phantom Menace came out. Scary stuff, reminiscing about high school.

I also bought Lego Indiana Jones today, although I'm waiting to play it until tomorrow (see, I do have some self control!). I'll be sure to post about it later.

No comments: