Thursday, October 02, 2008

I hate to say it


I hate to say it, but well, yeah. I just hate to say it.

The title to this comic read, "Except for anything by Lewis Carroll and Tolkien, you get five made-up words per story. I'm looking at you, Anathem." (I wikied it, and Anathem is a book by Neil Stephenson, which I now need to read). I'd also like to point out that this function is true of another series, which I think would be much improved if the author wasn't infatuated with his own ability to make up words and use language.

3 comments:

rob said...

When future historians research the early years of the 21st century, I really hope they stumble across an XKCD archive.

Jason St.Clair said...

Yeah, this one was pretty awesome. It made me smile. I think I've adhered to this "rule" pretty well in my endeavors so far.

Me said...

Except for the names.