Friday, December 12, 2008

First a president, now a web browser!

I can't believe this. Apparently there is a new web browser specifically tailored for the African American community. It looks exactly like Firefox, but has a black color scheme. Also, it apparently comes preloaded with a bunch of bookmarks that might be of interest to the black community. Because apparently they are unable to go and find their own bookmarks like the rest of the internet community.

Seriously, though? I guess I'm too stuck in my non-minority role in America to see how this is necessary, or even a good thing. We're never going to get beyond race until we stop making it a distinction (which I've said before, and I imagine I'll be saying again). But maybe I'm naive, and that'll never happen. So perhaps it's a good thing that every ethnic group might someday have specific web browsers. Because, you know, they wouldn't take us to the same exact place.

No comments: