Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Castle

I think it's a little bit sad how much time I spend on my blog talking about television shows and movies, but I'm pretty sure I'm okay with being a little bit sad. My most recent find is a show called Castle. It's on ABC, so I don't know how much advertising time it's been getting, but I hope that they're marketing it well, because I can see this show being a keeper.

It's another crime show set in New York city, so those of you that know me are probably wondering why I even like it. Two words: Nathan Fillion. He plays Richard Castle, a best-selling mystery author who recently got bored with his main character and killed him off. He's now looking for new inspiration, and luckily, a killer decides to kill people in the same way that some of the victims in his books have been killed. This introduces him to NYPD detective Kate Beckett, and he's suddenly found something new and entertaining to do - help with cases.

The murders are actually interesting (complex, convoluted - what you'd expect in a mystery novel), but the real fun is the characters (obviously, or why else would I like it?). Fillion plays the role that he is so good at - a very likeable full-of-himself character that has a quip for everything. There have only been two episodes so far, but I hope that this one sticks around.

Mondays, ABC, 10 PM.

No comments: