Saturday, May 02, 2009

This one time in band class...

I went to my cousin's spring concert for band today, and realized that I miss making music with a group of other people. Granted, when I get really desperate for some music, I can go into my room and play my guitar, but there's something about being in band and playing with other people that is much cooler. Part of that comes from the fact that I'm not a soloist (in anything I'd rather do something with a group - projects, sports, and the like), but I think it's just part of the nature of music that it's a social thing.

Anyways, it made me realize that I miss high school wind ensemble, both because I miss that sort of music and because I miss playing with other people. The music that I heard today was more 'band' music than 'wind ensemble' music. I think I shall go on iTunes and download some of the songs we played in high school. That is, if I can remember more than like three of them.

No comments: