Friday, August 28, 2009

Things That Annoy Me

You know when the administrator of a group sends out a mass email, sharing business, news, or something of the like? Well, while those can be annoying, what's even more annoying are the people who decide that they need to send an email to everybody on the list, only to share one sentence that has absolutely no bearing on the matter. "Very well said," "Thank you," or "Congratulations" are not good reasons to hit reply all on an email.

I can only think of a few reasons to do that. First of all, it could have been a mistake to hit reply all instead of reply. But honestly, I think this rarely happens (because most email programs do not have reply all as default). Another reason is that you could be trying to show everybody how "cool" you are (and by cool, of course I mean stupid) by agreeing or commenting on whatever was said. If I wanted your opinion, I would ask for it. Or, if the person who sent the email wanted your comment or agreement, they would have asked for it.

It's like sitting in a meeting and saying, "Yeah!" without anybody asking you to. And it's even worse when the mass email is to a huge group who don't know each other. I don't know who you are, and frankly, I don't care what you think. So keep your comments to yourself.

1 comment: