Thursday, September 03, 2009

Annoyed

Today as I was riding to class I passed two police cruisers parked along the bike path. I figured they were there responding to something, but since there were no cones or anything up, I was still allowed to pass. Only upon seeing two more parked ahead and hearing a shout did I realize I was wrong. There was an officer running after me waving (how he expected to get my attention that way is beyond me). Luckily, I stopped and turned of Soren.

I was promptly told that there were dogs out searching for somebody and I would have to find a new way to campus. It's a good thing I was getting to campus early.

Then, after I had to go back and cross to the other side of the river, as I approached campus, the trail was blocked off due to tree triming. So I had to get off my bike and walk it up the gravel path (it's a road bike, not a mountain one).

Unfortunately I'm rational enough to understand that both of these things are necessary, just personally annoying.

Finally, I had to stay after class 10 minutes just to be able to copy down everything from the board because my professor insists on standing in front of what he writes (and writing almost illegibly).

So my girls had better be on their best behavior at practice today, because I really don't think I'm going to handle much more annoyance well.

No comments: