Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Running

There is nothing that makes my day better than being able to run west along the levy after the sun has gone down. Unfortunately, my schedule doesn't allow for that very often this fall, what with night classes and practice going until after the sun has set. But yesterday we had a furlough day (canceled class) and I was able to go for a run around 7pm.

I ride my bike to school almost every day (during the week), and usually the only days I can run are Friday - Sunday, so I'm getting exercise almost every day, but bike riding just isn't the same. I see that as a necessary evil as an alternative mode of transportation, but don't do it often just for fun. I much prefer to run for fun.

But while running makes my day good, running at dusk makes it even better. Not sure why, but I just love that time of day. The only problem is that I can never go for as long as I want because the sun beats me. So I have this tension between dusk making me want to run more, and being unable to run more because of dusk.

Which leads me to opportunity costs and trade-offs. I love it when everything leads back to economics.

No comments: