Saturday, November 14, 2009

November

I've done my normal November retreat again this year. And by retreat, I don't mean vacation in the mountains, I mean cut myself off from the outside world. This year, my professors have decided to change things up and make all sorts of things due before Thanksgiving break, not after. This isn't great for me, since I always plan on using my escape from Thanksgiving as a time when I can get all sorts of work done.

So this year, I'll once again have the house to myself (and the dogs) but I'm not going to have hardly any work to do (compared to what I'll be doing in the preceding weeks). But that's okay, I'll have Nano to keep me company.

I recently bought a new game called Munchkin (recently = October) and got to finally play it (it requires 3 people to play, not two like I originally thought). The wait was well worth it. The game is basically a spoof on D&D games, with humorous monsters, potions, and items used to get your character to be the first to level 10. I played with three teenage girls, and they enjoyed it enough to agree to play again sometime (we had to cut the game short because people had to go home), so I count that as a success, and think I'll be able to get all my friends to play, even those that aren't inclined to D&D and the like. Consider yourselves forewarned.

No comments: