Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Softball

We had a softball game last night, which was fun. This is the fourth game this year, but the first we've actually been able to play due to lack of people. I got to play shortstop (which is where I usually play, even though I'm left-handed), and got to dive for a catch. It was fun. But the best part was when I was driving the other team's rover crazy by hitting it where he just was.

Like, since I'm left handed, most teams shift their outfield towards right field because they think I'm going to pull it. Unfortunately for them, I hit much better opposite field than I do pulling the ball. So I hit the ball where he had just moved from. For my second at bat, he figured out I could hit opposite field, so moved towards left. Then I hit it up the middle to where he had been standing. It was fun.

I'm headed to Yosemite on Thursday for a fun weekend of avioding my family. Its possible that the valley will be flooded because its been too warm there recently and all the snow is melting. I hope that doesn't happen, although it will be cool to see the Merced all full (its the river).

Oh, I saw Star Wars, but the votes still aren't tallied on how I think it was. OBviously it was the best of the new trilogy, but I haven't decided exactly what I think of it. I let you know once I watch it again, or once I read the novel.

No comments: