Friday, July 01, 2005

Ponderings

So I've recently had some feedback that might cause me to not weblog on my site, but just continue to do it here. The only problem with that is that I feel people won't check my site if I don't weblog there. Its quite a conundrum. I haven't decided what I'm going to do, but I'll keep you posted.

Today I subbed (again) at summer school, and just watched a movie. It was kind of lame watching the same movie two times in a row, but oh well. It was Island of the Blue Dolphin, which was fun because I read that book in 4th grade and really enjoyed it.

But watching that movie made me think about how no matter how much things change in education (and they've changed a lot recently because the California government seems to think that different must mean better), some things won't change. Like the classic books we read in grade school and Jr. High, for example. Classes today are still reading some of the same books that I read, including Island of the Blue Dolphins, Fourth Grade Rats, Maniac Magee, Dealing With Dragons, and Ten Little Indians.

I'd write more, but its time to go swimming.

No comments: