Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Catan

I just spent the evening playing a very fun game by the name of Settlers of Catan. Its pretty awesome. And actually, we were playing an expansion of that game called Knights and Cities of Catan, which is a lot more complicated thatn Settlers. It also means the game takes a lot longer, so we didn't finish it, although Nat and I got pretty close to winning.

Its a great game, which has a little to do with economics, but not much. Mostly its about how lucky you can get with dice rolls, although Knights and Cities makes it a little less based on luck. Only problem was, we were too sure on the rules, so Rob, Chris, and I were at a slight disadvantage (because Nat had played before), so once she did something, we realized we could, but would have done it sooner had we known.

I just wish that there was some way to destroy the other player's towns once you get strong enough. You know, more like Civilization or something, where you use your knights to go kill and take over. But then again, I can just play Civilization.

My brother is gone for two weeks, which means my house will be very peaceful. Now if I can only get the other one to leave. Yeah right, like that will ever happen. He won't go anywhere there isn't a tv and a vcr.

School starts soon, and it'll be weird not leaving to go. I keep thinking that my life will change a lot once the summer is over (like it always has in the past), but it really won't. I'll still be here in Bakersfield, hanging out with Chris and and Rach, Nat, and Rob when they're in town. Oh well, I suppose that isn't so bad.

No comments: