Thursday, September 01, 2005

Adventures

I was in Mervin's because I had to take something back for my dad, and decided to wander in the women's area. I remembered why I hate shopping. Instead of having nice sections that tell me what's there (casual, sporting, and so on), they have Petite, Junior, Misses, Misses Career, and Women's. Utterly confusing. And not only that, but all the sizes were weird. In the women's section, there were no S or M, but 1x, 2x, and 3x. What the heck does that mean? Then there's PS, PM, and so on. What is the world coming to when you can't even shop for clothes simply?

Last night I totally (on accident) took out one of my players at practice. I was trying to show them how I wanted a sweeper to clear the ball, and asked Maddi to dribble at me. I said, "When you're about to me, kick it a little ahead of you." So she did, and I got ready to clear it. I looked up at everybody to make sure they were watching, and to say something, but Maddi had decided that she was still dribbling. So she had touched the ball again after putting it in front of her, and was following. So instead of clearing the ball, I cleared her. Bam! On the ground. Luckily, I hit her foot, so no damage was done. Instead, I got to give a lesson on the importance of fouling at the right time. I think they'll have a healthy fear of me from now on.

Amanda left for Davis today, which means that there are four of us left in town. Well, three and a half, because Rachel is gone all the time during the week. Hopefully Rob will get a job soon, and there will only be two and a half (not that I want you to leave Rob, but I hope that you get a job).

I have an interview tomorrow, which should be good. Hopefully it pans out, because I need a more full time part time job than subing. Peace!

No comments: