Monday, November 21, 2005

101st Post!

Go me! This is my 101st Post! I feel so special.

This weekend was the official end of the fall soccer season. I know I might have said that before, but now it is true. My AYSO somehow made the playoffs (some of the teams above us didn’t have a team ref, which you need to go to the playoffs), and we had our game on Saturday. Unfortunately, we didn’t win, but the team played really well. We just couldn’t seem to find the net, and the ref was pretty horrible. She didn’t call any fouls, and when she did, they were wrong. I think we played the team that Natalie’s dad coaches, though.

Then on Sunday we had our adult league Scramble Tournament (don’t ask me why it was called that) when they decided that everybody could play six games. Granted the games only had 20 minute halves, but six of them still adds up to 3 “real” games of 40 minute halves. Take into account that we normally only play 35ish minute halves, and you have a long day. I wasn’t looking forward to the games because I thought that the co-ed and women’s games would be playing at different times so I would have to play for both teams, but I only ended up playing with my women’s team.

That was fun because we can actually play well, plus I actually enjoy talking with some of them now, and can joke around. We had a couple people come out who I know from high school (one person coached the JV team when I was a senior at BHS and she was more like a teammate than a coach). Plus it was a potluck where each team brought something and then everybody pigged out during our hour long break at lunch. So a huge lunch for the 3 dollars I had to pay for my team’s part.

The holiday season officially starts this week, and it is going to be weird working. I keep thinking that I’m going to have the whole Christmas time off, and have to remind myself that I won’t. That means figuring out when I’m going to hang out with friends gets a lot harder, and figuring out when I’m going to make it to toy stores (BN, Toys R Us, Best Buy) is getting tough because I don’t want to go on weekends when all the stupid little kids will be screaming. Oh well, the rest of the world seems to find a way to exist around the holiday season, so I’m sure I will too.

No comments: