Friday, November 04, 2005

You're the best around!

Last night The Karate Kid was on, so I watched it because that's the sort of movie that you have to watch when it's on. It is a very interesting movie, one that I don't hink would be able to be made now. For one, the action sequences aren't very good. They are all short, and there isn't much karate. That would flop these days. We want long, loud, totally suped-up fight scenes, not just a series of three quick kicks or a couple punches then it's over. It's still a classic movie, though, and one that our generation will forever cherish. I mean, who can ever forget the line, "Wax on, wax off?"

Volleyball is finally over (yay!) which means that I will now have all sorts of extra free time with which to do nothing. That is, until soccer starts, and I spend even more time making even less money. But I like soccer more, so its okay. Also, my AYSO soccer season is winding down, which means I really don't know what I'm going to do with all my time.

Today I'm in a seventh grade English class, and the GATE class just started reading The White Mountains. It seems like just a little bit ago that I was reading that, but when I think about it, it was a while. I'm surprised that they haven't gotten new curriculum by now, but I guess that just shows you that good books never get old. It does make me wonder if any of the newer good books will ever be in curriculum, Harry Potter for example. Although I guess the really good ones in the series are towards the end, so it would be hard to teach them well. But there are all sorts of good children's (or young adult) books out there, especially now that HP has done so well. Will they ever make it into the schools? Probably not. The California school system sucks.

Now I'm off to see Zorro with Nat and Rob, which should be fun. I'm feeling like an action movie, and you can't really go wrong with those two.

No comments: