Sunday, February 26, 2006

Whales + ocean + sun = good weekend

Well, I'm back safely from SB and had a pretty good weekend. Unfortunately, my brother Robby had to "study" this weekend, so he didn't come. And being 20, he can't stay home alone, so my mom also didn't go. That left Billy, my dad, and myself to make the trip to SB.

Saturday we went Whale Watching on the Condor Express, which is a pretty awesome boat. I remember going on trips when I was younger and it being loud and somewhat uncomfortable. Well, the skipper has since gotten a very very nice boat to take people out on, and it was great. It probably helped that the day was beautiful and the sea was calm. We saw two Grey Whales that we followed around for a while, and Dalls Porpoises and Bottle-Nosed Dolphins.

Then we went to the Sea Center and played with all the cool things that my dad said I shouldn't play with because they're for kids. I asked him what he thought I was, and he didn't say anything more. Other than that we didn't do much except sit around the house with Scotch waiting for dinner (Yum!) and watching some of the Olympics.

So it was a relaxing weekend, all in all. The only thing that would have been better would have been some wine tasting, but Billy is a loser and didn't want to go, so that'll have to wait until next time.

No comments: