Friday, March 24, 2006

"Do we have a fire extinguisher in here?"

My computer blew up today. Okay, it didn't go *boom*, but it did catch on fire, which made for an interesting day. I was sitting there, minding my own business, when all of a sudden there's smoke coming out from underneath my desk.

"This is strange," I think to myself, "smoke shouldn't usually come out from a desk." So I looked down and saw orange flashy things inside my computer. "Also strange," I think. "Let's see how this plays out."

However, when the orange flashy things became somewhat stronger, I decided some precautionary actions would probably be wise. So I asked for said fire extinguisher, finally convincing my co-workers that there actually was something wrong with my computer (they didn't believe me when I said there were sparks coming out of it).

Turns out something in my computer caught on fire, but luckily, the hard drive didn't get fried, so all my hard work is intact in the temporary computer I have till I get my new one (hopefully) sometime next week.

No comments: