Monday, April 17, 2006

Tax Time

I don't really care about my finances, for the most part. If I have money in the bank, and have a general idea that income > expenditures, I'm good to go. And if they aren't, I just spend less, and it all works out. So when I get things in the mail regarding finances, I tend to misplace them. Usually there are a couple of piles of check stubs and other mail I get from the various places I work/worked for.

So I had to search through all these piles this morning looking for 10-99s or W-2s or whatever it is I get so that my mom could do my taxes today (thanks Mom!). Luckily they were all there (except for one that my mom had kept or something), but I also found three checks! So while I might have to pay money for my taxes, I've ended up getting around $300 from the whole thing (before taxes). So I think I'll have to take my mom out to dinner as thank you for doing them for me.

It's so nice having a former accountant (mom) and future accountant (Billy) in the family around this time of year.

No comments: