Monday, June 26, 2006

Joseph Campbell is my hero!

There are a couple of reasons that I think Gilmore Girls is one of the best TV shows (still) on. Two obvious reasons for this:

1) In the episode on Spring Break, The Power of Myth was used as a running joke. Rory's character has seen it five times.

2) While discussing movie night, Lorelei has to ask Luke which movies he has seen and lists (in this order): Casablanca, Chinatown, Bonnie and Clyde, It Happened One Night, His Girl Friday, and The Treasure of the Sierra Madre. Those writers have amazing taste.

And the original Gone in 60 Seconds was on tonight - lots of old mustangs are ugly. Am I un-American for saying that? I think I should re-watch The Power of Myth in celebration of the fact that Superman is coming out soon. Because what is a cooler myth than the story of Superman? That's right, nothing.

No comments: