Thursday, June 08, 2006

"You're turning into Chris."

Jessica accused me of this while we were playing Settlers because I said, "It starts," and then quietly continuted with, "You think you know a guy." In my defense, I've been saying this line ever since The Lion King became my favorite Disney movie way back in elementary school before I really knew Chris. So I'm not turning into him, but apparently only he is allowed to quote movies.

Anyways, this week it seems true that I'm turning into Chris. Monday I had to get up at 5 because I took Alan to the airport for his flight to the midwest, a task that usually falls to Chris. And this week I have been watching Callie and house sitting in general for them.

I read the first two Inheritance books, and enjoyed them. The second book much improved over the first one, although the first one wasn't bad. The books lean very heavily on LotR, but that's not really a bad thing, and it's really only in specific areas of the book. I think only somebody who has read LotR like I have would notice it, and I don't even mind. After all, almost all fantasy which has elves and dwarves in it has to borrow from Tolkien. But I think I'm ready to swear off books seeing as I've done practically nothing the past two days (outside of work) but read.

I've been thinking about perception lately and how it changes. It's interesting that how you perceive something can change so drastically with only a little time, and it's also interesting how certain things (notions, moods, expectations) influence how we experience places and people. I don't really have a point with this, just thought I'd share what I've been pondering lately. I think I'll have to read some Plato because I seem to remember Forrest talking something about knowledge and perceived beauty, but I don't really remember. Maybe I'll have to focus my thoughts (since I'm done reading) and actually come up with some thoughts and ideas.

But I'm lazy so I probably won't.

No comments: