Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Darkly?

On our way back from the wilderness, Billy and I decided to stop off in the Bay Area and visit some family. Which is great because my uncle no only enjoys the same movies and TV shows that I do, but also plays many of the same games that I do. So I enjoyed my time of discussing tactics and what not with him.

I suggested that we all go to the movies, mostly because there are a couple movies out right now that I don't trust to be in Bakersfield (or were here for all of a week). As luck would have it, my uncle also hadn't seen A Scanner Darkly and wanted to, so we all ended up going to the movies. Of course, Billy watched some stupid racing movie with Will Farrell and my aunt saw a different movie, but they all started at the same time, so it was like we were all going to the movies together.

Anyways, watching the movie with my uncle, I again realized that for some reason, I have a much better sense of what is going to happen in a movie than most people. At one point in the movie, a character is about to be revealed, and my uncle told me (correctly) who it really was. I sort of chuckled and said, "Yeah, I've known that for about an hour."

It was only later that he told me he had only realized who it was just before they were revealed. The same thing was true for a couple other "surprises" in the movie.

I think when it comes down to it, I just figure that other people think like I do, but really I should know better. I'm not sure why I always figure that other people are like me, but somehow I'm always surprised when they're not. You think I'd learn by now, but alas, I must be stupid or something.

Anyways, I'm back and you should be seeing me online starting now (if you haven't already), and I will perhaps be telling stories of my trip and maybe posting some pictures. Oh how it's great to be back in hot Bakersfield.

No comments: