Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Nothing to say

So I really have nothing to say here, but that hasn't stopped me in the past, so why should it now? A couple nights ago the TV was on in the front room and it was the news, and there was a very disturbing story on. I didn't pay enough attention to really figure out what was going on, but I think it was aboutget M-worded in Vegas, and there was definitely a drive through W-word chapel involved. Very disturbing.

I've started the soccer season with my new AYSO team, and that's been interesting. They're 6, 7, and 8 years old, and I don't think I realized what a short attention span that age really has before now. Needless to say by the end of practice, I'm starting to get frustrated, but I am having fun. It's amazing what a difference only a couple practices have made on their skills, and I have hope for the end of the season. Of course, I haven't been able to teach them to spread out yet (even stopping the drill and saying, "Spread out!" doesn't seem to work as they just stand there and seem to have no idea what I'm saying). It does give me a newfound respect for my coaches when I was that age. The good news, though, is that our colors are blue and white, something I'm definitely used to. I wonder if I could get them to name us the Drillers.... probably not.

No comments: