Tuesday, October 10, 2006

That's epic.

Going back to my earlier topic of books and movies (from a couple posts ago), I'd like to talk about epics today. There's nothing else in the world that can satisfy like a good epic, either in book or movie form. Most people don't agree, but most people are stupid, so I can live with them disagreeing with me.

I really don't have much to say about epics, except that they rock, and I've been watching them recently. I started with Star Wars (because the Lego video game made me want to watch the movies) and now I've moved on to the Lord of the Rings. I'm currently watching Fellowship, and I think I'll watch the rest then move on to the books. Because as good as the movies are (and they're great) they can't compare to the books.

And it makes me sad that practically none of my friends have read those books. Sure, some have read the Hobbit, but it's so different from the trilogy (or, if we're being specific, the six books) that it really doesn't count. I won't name any names, but you know who you are. And you really should read them. I won't even make you read the Silmarillion, just the main ones.

I also think the phrase, "That's epic," should become new slang for, "That's amazing," and plain "Epic," can be the new sweet.

Who's with me?

No comments: