Thursday, November 09, 2006

Where have all the pants gone?

So it used to be that baseball had the tightest pants around. Back in the day, they only went down to mid calf, and that was only barely. Now days, they're all loose and baggy, and hand all the way to the floor. There's not even a point to wear socks anymore in baseball since you can't see them.

I remember the day when I couldn't for the life of me find baseball pants that were baggy enough for me, and now there would be no problem. That's just not fair.

Of course, once I started playing softball I couldn't convince my teammates to wear pants, no matter how much better protection they give you when sliding, and how much more comfortable they are than those stupid sliding pads. Doesn't matter that most college teams wear them, we certainly wouldn't.

And I don't really know why I'm making this post, except that's what stuck me when I saw the cover of SI after the World Series. (And how presumptuous is it of us to call something that only involves the US (Canada doesn't count) anything with the word "world" in it?).

No comments: