Saturday, April 14, 2007

I don't care if I never get back.

Yesterday I went down to LA with my brother to watch a Dodger game. He and some buddies have four season passes, and they weren't being used last night, so I got to invite some friends. After a long string of turn downs, Chris and Nate were finally able to go, so we met up with them at Jessica's place to drive in together ($15 for parking is such a rip off).

We got there after the first half inning (somebody was late), but it wasn't a sold out crowd, so we still got our free hats. The seats are in the first row of the second section of the pavillion, if anybody cares, but there are two important features of these seats. The first is that there's tons of leg room, which is very nice. The second is that everybody who goes and gets food has to walk past you to get to their seats. So by about the third inning we were all craving Dodger dogs and nachos. There was a mass exodus from the stands, and we all went to find some food. Billy, Chris, and I all managed to do so in a reasonable time frame, but I think it took Nate two and a half innings to finally get his two super Dodger dogs.

It was a good game - there was a home run to score the first run, and then lots of doubles and base hits by the Dodgers (and not so many by the Padres), so we won pretty easily 9-1. All the while discussing movies and TV shows, of course. I think the best conversation was when we got to talk about bad kid's sports movies, like The Sandlot (which isn't bad), A Kid in King Arther's Court, Little Giants, and some that I think I've forgotten.

Oh, and it cracked me up that the words for Take Me Out To the Ball Game were incorrect on the board during the 7th Inning Stretch.

No comments: