Friday, April 06, 2007

You had me at merlot.

So this past week was a week of family vacation. We went over to Los Osos, which is situated right by SLO, and really isn't a bad place to go vacationing. Anyways, my siblings and I joined our parents over there on Tuesday, and we had a surprisingly pleasant ride over there. I don't know what was wrong with my brothers, but something must have been.


It was a vacation of firsts! First (long distance) car ride I can remember with my brother's that wasn't horrible. First time buying Converse (it was past time for a new pair of shoes). First time I was able to drag any members of my family wine tasting (I got all of them to go, even if only three of us tasted!). First time that my brother (Billy) tasted and bought wine. It made me so proud. First time that somebody thought I was older than Billy in a long time. And I quote:

Castoro Pourer: I'll let you pour it out. I'm not mean like your older sister over there.
Me: Actually, I'm his younger sister.
Pourer: Really?
Me: Well, only by four minutes.
Pourer: You just seemed much wiser than him.

That made my day.

So it was a good vacation, as much as I had my doubts going into it. And now it's onto Easter weekend, which is always fun because people come back to town. So hopefully this will be a good cap to a fun week.

No comments: