Friday, June 01, 2007

EOM adjustments

My two week adventure with third graders is now over, and I must say, getting paid to show kids movies and teach them oragami isn't such a bad thing. I ended up showing them two classic films and one not-so-classic film, and taught them about the legend that is Robin Hood (full with Norman/Saxon oppression and all!). I have plenty of tidbits to relate, but that will have to wait until I get back from Yosemite.

Every year my family goes with about 10 other families for a weekend vacation in Yosemite, right around Memorial Day. The conversations are generally very interesting (they tend to focus around education since over the years almost every single adult has become a teacher), and while the kids are mostly younger than me, I grew up with most of the, so it's okay.

I'm sure I'll have plenty to say about that too, once I get back, especially since I'm going to have to put up with Robby all weekend. Thank goodness for Soren, that's all I can say. Also, when I get back I'll have my latest DVD/TV show that I think everybody should watch this month. I bet you're really looking forward to that.

No comments: