Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Issues

London is great. I was really looking forward to being able to walk everywhere, and aside from a blister on the bottom of my ankle (really, how do you get one there) I've loved my two days of walking around the city. I'm getting a bit mixed up because everything is so much closer than I think it is, but it's so cool to be able to walk to so many attractions in an afternoon.

There are a couple things that I'm having issue with.
  1. Pedestrians rarely have the right of way in sidewalk.
  2. Added to this, cars come from the wrong direction, and rarely have blinkers on. But so far I've only almost stepped in front of a car a couple times. Mostly I cross when the other people cross and I'm good.
  3. No Mt. Dew. I need not say more.
  4. The buildings are too tall. When you get among the buildings, it's very hard to get good views of the cool ones because everything is so packed.
Tomorrow (and probably the next day) I'm being a total tourist and going on the open bus tour of London.

No comments: