Friday, March 28, 2008

Springtime for somebody.

Spring is in the air for sure, because my throat has been itchy all week. As in I want to remove the front part of my throat in order to scratch it. Other than that, I've had two soccer practices this week before we have try-outs tomorrow, and I've really missed coaching. It's going to be a long journey to get this team playing the way their age group should, but it will be a fun time, I think. It'll be nice to have permission to go hard on all of them, and I'm already imagining drills to kick some 12 year old butt.

In one of my classes (my favorite) my teacher was feeling lazy today. I did my usual second class of the day routine, which involves snack time, just like it did in a certain English class (although I'm not doing it to be annoying). While I was eating the prof was talking to some of the other students about her house and architecture in general, so once I finished I got out a piece of paper to take a few notes on JS Mill (not many since I've studied him way too much in philosophy). I think she saw that I was now ready for class and said that she didn't feel like being there today. I said great, and promptly put my stuff away. I did find out some fun information, like that our last paper will probably be extra credit (hmm, I wonder which student is making it necessary for the others to get extra credit?).

In Calc, the prof spent 50 minutes explaining how to graph, find distance, and midpoints in space (ie with three coordinate planes). All she had to say was that you do the same thing for two coordinate planes and add the z-coordinate, but apparently this wasn't good enough, so she had to waste yet another 50 minutes of my life that I will not get back.

I really should have taken Calc II for Engineers or something like that.

But yay for Spring Break! Now I can return to Bakersfield and hopefully sub all week so I have some money!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

you're a bit of a sadist aren't you? poor twelve year old girls.