Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Absurdities

I'm currently watching Gene Kelly in The Three Musketeers when I should be studying. I just can't help it - it's so absurdly hilarious. I think Gene Kelly is trying to be somewhat serious, but it just doesn't work. Everything he does looks to me like the've just expanded the silent scenes from Singing in the Rain - you know, the ones with the overacting and overbearing music. But it's much more entertaining than studying.

Macro is very heavy in algebra and calculus - there's hardly any need to know economic theory, just be able to move variables around. Given enough time, I can easily derive all of the identities that I need to know, but the question is if I'll have enough time to do so. So I have to figure out which ones I need to memorize in order to optimize time. And, of course, I have to keep all of the different models straight, which is perhaps hardest because all of the variables are the same, and there are only slight changes from one to the other.

The nice thing is that the professors decided to actually talk to one another, and all our midterms are in different weeks. Part of me would prefer to just get them over with, but it's nicer for those that aren't as fond of tests as I am. So next week is history, and after that, Micro. Then spring break, which will allow for some parties and game playing. I'm hoping to take another big chunk out of Fable II.

No comments: