Monday, March 09, 2009

Loving spring

I love the fact that my window faces the afternoon sun. When I'm wishing that I could take a nap outside in the sun (but won't because it's much too cold), I can pretend that I am by leaving the curtains open and sleeping in the sunshine.

This weekend is the first weekend of soccer tryouts, which means that I have to spend this and next Saturday/Sunday bossing around a bunch of 13 year olds. Should be fun.

Saturday I saw Watchmen, and in general I enjoyed it, although there were a few things that I didn't enjoy too much. If you're interested, I thought this article was really well done (there are spoilers, so you're warned). Basically what it boils down to is this: people who have read the novel will easily see that the director tried his hardest to emulate it, sometimes to the detraction of the film as a stand alone. I saw it with two people who hadn't read the novel, and there were things that I had to explain, although a lot of these were in the beginning when people have to get acclimated to the fact that it's an alternate history.

I also read an interesting article on BSG and feminism.

No comments: