Monday, April 06, 2009

Too short of a week

My family plays this game when we go to a pizza place: see how long you can go before getting a soda refill, then, once somebody else has decided to go, be the first to ask them to also get you a refill (only works for one other person due to the two hand limitation). It's the art of laziness.

My plans to get work done on various projects went badly due to painting projects and pain in general. I spent three days helping a friend paint a house they are planning on renting out, and a couple days lying on either the couch or my bed in pain. And yet I also managed to throw in a Monte Carlo night, ref four soccer games, and make an attempt at bowling (unfortunately it was league night and we couldn't play). Oh, and also watched Fargo for the first time (You betcha!). So not a completely wasted week, although I think I have some catch-up to play with Script Frenzy and my four papers/projects that I have this semester. I seriously thought about not coming to class tonight and staying in Bakersfield for another couple of days to get work done, but realized I'm far more likely to do stuff here in Sacramento than there, especially when the cousins are on spring break, and my quite place will be the campus library.

No comments: