Sunday, May 10, 2009

New Toy

So yesterday I decided that it was about time I bought a cable to hook up my laptop to the HDTV. It so happened that I have a Best Buy Rewards certificate that expired yesterday, so I headed over to buy it. The timing of the purchase coincided with the fact that we don't have Fox on Dish Network and I wanted to watch the finale of Dollhouse on a big screen, and it worked like a charm (luckily I also had a cable to transfer the sound to the TV, too).

Now I really want to purchase as wireless keyboard so I can sit on the couch with my mouse and keyboard and play games/write papers with a huge monitor. Of course, I could also do this if I bought an extension for the cable, so I may do that instead. I do know that the first moment I possibly can I'm creating a desktop with an appropriate video card to use an HDTV as my only monitor. And yes, I know that will be in many years, but it's still good to have long-term goals, right?

No comments: