Thursday, May 07, 2009

You've got to be effing kidding me

So I parked a quarter of an inch over the white line today on campus. Normally, I would fix this, but since I was parking after 5:00 pm and the lot isn't full then plus I was parking far away from any stairway (and therefor not in prime space) I figured I'd let it slide this time.

But then I get back from class and see that I have a $40 ticket for parking over the line. In fact, I wasn't over the line, I was on the line. And there were no other cars near mine.

What. The. Eff.

Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of the car (because I didn't see the ticket until I had already moved) but I'm thinking about appealing because the ticket says "over" when in fact I was "on." Not that I think it'll make a difference in a bureaucracy, considering that campus transportation has to pay for all its operations through the sale of permits and tickets.

No comments: