Thursday, May 21, 2009

Stupid Networking

So a couple of us were discussing last night's final over Facebook when it was pointed out that the friend who's status we were commenting on is also friends with some of the professors at school, including the one who teaches the class we were talking about. Nothing bad was said, but it pointed out to me the problem of networking - if you make your network too big, there's nowhere to vent.

That's one of the reasons that I don't tell my school friends about my blog, so that I can feel safe venting if I have to. I also don't think I'd ever friend a professor on Facebook, even if I am no longer in their class. Perhaps once I graduate I will.

Also, apparently some of my professors have been discussing me. I'm not okay with that (although apparently it was good stuff, so I'm more okay with it than if it had been bad stuff).

Moral of the story: networking is evil.

A further note on Guitar Hero vs Rock Band. Anybody have an idea on which set stands up better to wear and tear? I've heard conflicting view on this. As to functionality, Rock Band has a set of add-on symbols that make it very similar to Guitar Hero.

No comments: