Thursday, March 03, 2005

Waiting for what?

So I was sitting watching the clock for the bell to ring today, and I realized how much of my life I've spent waiting for something to happen. Of course, for the most part I've been waiting for class to end, but I also spend a lot of time waiting for other things. Like last night, I spent an hour waiting for Alias to turn on. Pascal talks about how the present is the scariest part of time, because there are ways we can control the past and the future. The past is okay because it can't change; we know what happened so we don't have to worry about it. And in the future, its possible to change whatever we want/need to. But in the present we seem powerless to a certain extent. All the things we could have changed are in the past, and the present just seems to be the consequence of the past.

Okay, done rambling.

No comments: