Thursday, July 21, 2005

Conditioning

So the past two days I spent eight hours at the pool. And today I only had to be there for four hours. Usually, four hours of sitting in the heat and sun staring at the pool feels like forever, but today it didn't. Its amazing what a person can be conditioned to endure. And this was only after two days. Adaptability is a pretty cool thing.

Last night four of us were at Chris' house to make cookies for Amanda. Well, we're going to eat some too, but hopefully they will make it to her. Last year the cookies that were made to send to somebody didn't actually make it, but this year I think there's more hope.

An unfortunate side effect of the fact that all the other lifeguards like country and I don't really care what we're listening to, is that I now know way too many country songs. Plus I will occasionally have some of these songs stuck in my head after work. Like I do now. Its annoying.

Well, tonight is a frisbee night, so I'm excited. Its been good to be able to play almost weekly this summer. And its a great excuse to hang out with some people I don't see all that often.

No comments: