Saturday, July 23, 2005

SB

There aren't many places I love more than my grandparent's house in Santa Barbara. It combines everything in life that is nice. Its up in the mountains above Westmont surrounded by oak trees, but there is an amazing view of the ocean (or at least there is on clear days). All of the doors are open to let a beautiful breeze through, and there is so much history in this house.

Everywhere I look there are pictures of California's past. From books to rocks and fossils to pictures of my family's past. I love it here.

Plus I'm not in 100+ degree heat baking. That's a definate plus. We went to the beach today, which was a lot of fun because I haven't gone in the ocean in I don't know how long. I mean, I've been to the beach, but not in the water. The water was just about perfect. The only downside is that SB has very little surf, so we couldn't really play in the waves, only splash around and throw mud at each other.

Anyways, I hope all of you at home are enjoying your heat. I am definately enjoying Santa Barbara. Maybe I should go to school here.

No comments: