Wednesday, August 03, 2005

I need you like Ben Affleck needs acting school.

Well, I'm off to Santa Barbara today, if my brother would ever get up. Then its back to Bakersfield on Thursday, and back to the SB area on Friday. Woo! Some of you might be wondering why I'm spending so much time over there. Well, first of all, its like 20 degrees cooler over there than here, and second, my family is sort of congregating over there for this week, so I'll get to see some people who, due to school, I haven't seen in a long while.

Two nights ago, Chris, Nat, Rach, and I watched Sideways, which was awesome. In recognition of the film, we went to Vons and bought a Pinot Nior (I think that's how its spelled) and drank it during the film. Then last night Chris and I watched Team America and had some Bombay Sapphire and tonic, which was great. (There's a scene where you see some bottles of Sapphire, so that's why we had it). That is a very wrong, but funny movie. I don't think I've laughed that much at a movie in a long while. But afterwards Chris and I were talking about it, and I realized that I really couldn't repeat any of the funny scenes, mostly because they're unrepeatable.

But I do love the songs in the movie, my favorite being the two montage songs, one called Montage, and the other, well, I don't know what its called, but it makes fun of Pearl Harbor (the movie, not the historical event).

No comments: