Sunday, October 23, 2005

The stuff that dreams are made of.

I watched AFI's Top 100 Movie Quotes tonight on Bravo. Well, I started at about 79, but that's okay. It was pretty cool because they had all sorts of people talk about the movie for about 5 minutes, showing clips from it, and working up to the point of the quote. I think I ended up seing about half of Casablanca since it had so many quotes on the list.

Seeing all those great quotes made me want to watch more old movies, since most of them are from before 1980. I've seen quite a few older movies lately, which is great. I think I've seen three Tracy Hepburn movies in the past month (No, Tracy Hepburn isn't a single person, for those of you in my generation and uneducated). Now I really want to see Guess Who's Coming To Dinner. I don't think you can get a better duo on screen than those two.

I was looking at the AFI Heros and Villans list, and I'm a little confused. On the heros list is Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. But on the Villan list is Michael Corleone and Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow. Doesn't really make sense to me. I also throughly appreciate the fact that Han Solo is 14 (although he should be higher!), instead of somebody stupid like Luke. Luke really doesn't get interesting until the books, while Han is always interesting and the kind of hero you can root for. Luke is just whiney in the movies. He must get it from his father.

No comments: