Friday, October 28, 2005

You know, that would be a great way to get kids to drink their milk.

I don't get Alma Maters. I mean the songs. Last night I was at a volleyball game and looked to my right and saw the Ridgeview High Alma Mater standing above the doors to the gym. I read the words and really can't understand what the big deal is. I remember some of the words to my high school's song, and don't see why you should sing "We pledge our hearts to the purple and gold," (from Ridgeview) or "praise and tribute bring" (from BHS). Maybe it's the same thing as saying "Once a Driller Always a Driller" or "We bleed blue."

Last night we celebrated Rob's birthday by trying to take him some place that was about to close. We had to do that because it was done for my birthday, but who would have thought a bar/diner would close at 9? Anyways, we ended up going to pizza and drinking some beer there. It was fun, mostly because we sat around for at least an hour and a half talking.

Tomorrow is another day full of soccer, which will almost be the last. Chris and Rach leave on Tuesday, which means that Rob and I are getting ready for two week when we'll have to entertain ourselves, and it looks like that might be done by raiding Chris' movie collection and watching as many movies as possible. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: