Monday, February 13, 2006

I want a farm in Africa.

Watching Out of Africa made me want to live there. Or maybe it made me want to live there around WWI when it was being colonized. I think there's always been a part of me that has wanted to live on a farm. No, I take that back. A part of me has wanted to live on a ranch. And yes, there is a huge difference between a farm and a ranch.

Ranchers get to ride around on horses and fix fences all day. Farms have to milk cows all day. (Yes, I know I'm simplifying, leave me alone). The only thing I wouldn't like about living on a ranch would be getting up early. Maybe I could be a late night rancher.

I probably just feel like this from all my summers spent on my grandparents and I associate ranch with adventure. But who cares! You do get to have adventures on ranches! You get to chase away coyotes from the cattle, and hunt stuff, and ride horses! Not to mention try to get lost and sleep under the stars.

Hmmm, I think I need to go camping.

No comments: