Thursday, March 16, 2006

Child of the sun?

Tonight was the BHS choir Spring Concert, or whatever they call it. Chris and I, not being satisfied with the Winter Concert, decided to also grace this concert with our presences. Actually, Chris, having such a big head, had to go because his and Patrick's song was supposed to be performed.

After searching for the church where they were performing (Chris couldn't find it even though he's been there before) we finally arrive just as they were taking their places on stage. It was a fun concert, with, of all things, a ton of Christmas songs. Finally, the song we had come to hear was performed, and although it's a good song (very good, I'd say), I had to fight most of the time not to laugh.

After Chris talked to Mr. Bourgis (is that how you spell his name), we were on our way out, when who should we see but Mrs. Polite and Mrs. Bell (former teachers for those of you who are non-Drillers). Mrs. Polite actually saw me first and said, "Rebecca?" which was surprising to me, because of all the teachers I had in high school, she would be one of the ones I would expect to forget me (although how anybody could forget me I have no idea!). It was fun talking to them, and reminded me that it actually has been a while since I was in high school. Sometimes I still feel like I just got out of BHS, while other days I'm reminded of just how long it's been.

This weekend is shaping up to look pretty busy, but thankfully not as busy as last weekend. My adult soccer league is finally starting up for the year on Sunday, which is exciting. I still don't have pictures from Robert, (due to technical difficulties) but I should get them this weekend, and then you'll learn all about our adventures there.

No comments: